Review: The Prophecy by Jennifer L. Armentrout

The Prophecy by Jennifer L. Armentrout

The Prophecy (The Titan Series #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
Rating: ♥ ♥  
Published: March 20th 2018

Synopsis: 

History is on repeat…

Seth never thought he’d have a future. But now he’s on the brink of having it all with Josie: A tomorrow. A family. A forever. And all that's standing between him and that forever is the Titans. If he helps Josie entomb them -- without killing them, a nearly impossible task for him -- everything he could ever want will be in reach. But he soon realizes that as a god, every little choice he makes can reshape the world for the better… or worse. And in meddling with the Titans, Seth may have just set into motion catastrophic consequences that will force the Olympians to enter the mortal realm and reshape the delicate balance of power that keeps the world from total collapse.

A price must be paid…

Entombing the Titans is Josie’s top priority. After all, it was what she was born to do. But the plans her father put into play to help her are no longer an option, and the odds she and Seth face in forging their own path are grim. The escalating violence between halfs and pures only increases the danger closing in on them and their friends. Josie knows their chances of succeeding in their task are slim at best -- and if they fail, they might lose everything. But she also knows she's not fighting just for herself -- she's fighting for the man she loves, for their future, for the world. Together with the Army of Awesome, Josie and Seth will face the unthinkable. And to win this war, the ultimate sacrifice must be made.

For the end is here and the Prophecy will be fulfilled...
La Profecía (The Titan Series #4) de Jennifer L. Armentrout 
Rating: ♥ ♥  
Publicación: 20 de Marzo de 2018

Sinopsis: 

La historia se repite...

Seth nunca pensó que tendría futuro. Pero ahora está a punto de tenerlo todo con Josie: un mañana. Una familia. Un para siempre. Y todo lo que se interpone entre él y su futuro son los Titanes. Si ayuda a Josie a sepultarlos, sin matarlos, una tarea casi imposible para él, todo lo que pueda desear estará a su alcance. Pero pronto se da cuenta de que, como dios, cada pequeña elección que hace puede cambiar el mundo para bien... o para mal. Y al enfrentarse a los Titanes, Seth puede haber puesto en marcha consecuencias catastróficas que obligarán a los olímpicos a entrar en el reino de los mortales y romper el delicado equilibrio de poder que evita que el mundo se derrumbe por completo.

Se debe pagar un precio...

Sepultar a los titanes es la principal prioridad de Josie. Después de todo, para eso había nacido. Pero los planes que su padre hizo para ayudarla ya no son una opción, y las probabilidades que ella y Seth enfrentan para forjar su propio camino son sombrías. La creciente violencia entre half-blood y puros solo aumenta el peligro. Josie sabe que sus posibilidades de tener éxito son escasas en el mejor de los casos, y si fallan, podrían perderlo todo. Pero también sabe que no está luchando solo por ella misma, está luchando por el hombre que ama, por su futuro, por el mundo. Junto con la Army of Awesome, Josie y Seth se enfrentarán a lo impensable. Y para ganar esta guerra, se debe hacer el último sacrificio.

Porque el final está aquí y la Profecía se cumplirá...




My Thoughts

What can I say about this book? Well, those of you who may have taken the time to check my blog will probably have noticed that I read many of Jennifer’s books. I love her work. But in this case, I’m confused and sad that this book didn’t turn out to be like the rest of the marvelous work she used to do. I feel so conflicted to express my opinion about this book because I didn’t like it at all, yet I’m aware of how she really believed in this story.

The Prophecy is the last book in the Titans series which tell the tales of Seth and Josie, how they fight for their love while also try to keep the world save from the threat the Titans represent. Many of our beloved characters are back, including Alex and Aidan, in this action-packed novel.

This series started with a good promise and while I never liked Seth in the previous series, he definitely redeemed himself in this one for me. But since book 3, I began to feel a change, a turn of events that I didn’t like at all. It was very difficult for me to open this book because I wasn’t excited about it, I just did it because it was the last one and I was sure I was going to read more about Alex and Aiden (which luckily I did), but I can’t overcome the plot wholes and the characters under development giving how much invested I’ve been in this world since Alex and Aiden first appear on paper.

Mi Opinión

¿Qué puedo decir sobre este libro? Bueno, aquellos de ustedes que se hayan tomado el tiempo de revisar mi blog probablemente habrán notado que leo muchos libros de Jennifer. Amo su trabajo. Pero en este caso, estoy confundida y triste porque este libro no resultó como el resto del maravilloso trabajo que solía hacer. Me siento tan en conflicto al expresar mi opinión sobre este libro porque no me gustó en absoluto, pero sé que ella realmente creía en esta historia.

The Prophecy es el último libro de la serie Titans que cuenta las historias de Seth y Josie, cómo luchan por su amor, y al mismo tiempo, intentan salvar al mundo de la amenaza que representan los Titanes. Muchos de nuestros queridos personajes están de regreso, incluidos Alex y Aidan, en esta novela llena de acción.

Esta serie comenzó con una buena promesa y, aunque nunca me gustó Seth en la serie anterior, definitivamente se redimió en esta. Pero desde el libro 3, comencé a sentir un cambio, un giro de los acontecimientos que no me gustó en absoluto. Fue muy difícil para mí abrir este libro, y lo hice porque era el último y estaba segura de que iba a leer más sobre Alex y Aiden (que afortunadamente lo hice), pero no pude superar por completo la trama ni lo poco que crecieron los personajes después de haber invertido tanto en este mundo desde que Alex y Aiden aparecieron por primera vez en papel.


From day one, she had my back and saw me for more than who I had been, but for who I was... and who I was becoming. Sounded cheesy as hell, but it was true. She was why I was able to start moving on, and she was why I was becoming a better man.
But I was still an asshole on most days. 
― Jennier L. Armentrout, The Prophecy


I think that the real problem is that I started to felt detached from the two leads. Seth and Josie just went flat to me and everything turned so convenient instead of relevant within the story. There was not characters layering of which Jennifer is so talented with, it was more like she wanted to give readers the swoon worthy type of guy most were asking for instead of the men the story needed. And Josie never really reach her own personality but instead went to become another Alex with a different name and looks, and again I feel that Jennifer was just giving the readers what they ask for and not what the character really need to become.

Overall, I feel like if you’ve already spent the time with this characters then you’ll pick up this book just so you could close the circle, yet don’t expected a great development or reward. The fourth book missed to meet the expectation and, to be honest, they weren’t too high, which disappoint me so much because not only JLA is one of my favorites authors but also because this series started great. I read The Prophecy because it was the last of the series, because I love endings, because I need closure, and because otherwise, I would have been always wondering if it could had improved and I missed. The whole series fall into my least favorite series (both, of all times and by Jennifer), yet I’ll continue to read anything she writes.
Creo que el verdadero problema es que dejé de sentirme conectada con los protagonistas. Seth y Josie dejaron de ser interesantes y todo fue conveniente en lugar de relevante dentro de la historia. No hubo ese trabajo de personajes del que Jennifer solía ser tan talentosa, y era más como si quisiera darles a los lectores el tipo de chico sexy que pedían en lugar del hombre que la historia necesitaba. Y Josie nunca llego a superarse ella misma, sino que se convirtió en otra Alex con un nombre y aspecto diferente, y nuevamente sentí que Jennifer solo estaba dando a los lectores lo que pedían y no lo que el personaje realmente necesitaba ser.

En general, siento que si ya has pasado tiempo con estos personajes, entonces leerás este libro para poder cerrar el ciclo, pero no esperes un gran desarrollo o recompensa. El cuarto libro falló para cumplir con las expectativas y, para ser honesta, no eran demasiado altas, lo que me decepcionó mucho porque no solo JLA es una de mis autoras favoritos sino también porque esta serie comenzó genial. Leí The Prophecy porque era el último de la serie, porque me encantan los finales, porque necesito un cierre, y porque de lo contrario, siempre me habría preguntado si podría haber mejorado y me lo perdí. Esta es mi serie menos favorita, sin embargo, seguiré leyendo todo lo que Jennifer escriba.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

“One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”

— Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel.